Threadless hasn’t always had slogan tees, as their main focus has been, and still is on illustration. In fact, every month a new theme is declared for their design contest, challenging artists to create a suitable illustration in the form of a t-shirt design. Currently the theme is horror.
When Threadless launched TypeTees the premise was a little different. Instead of designs, users submit slogans, which are voted for by other users. Winning slogans are then designed by professional artists. This great news on both fronts if you are a fan of slogan tees. You can earn $500 by submitting a winning slogan, or you can peruse their collection of existing slogan tees. Here are my favorites:
- Allow me to explain through interpretive dance
- Stop detroying our planet. It’s where I keep all my stuff.
- Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don’t make sense
- Being vague is almost as fun as this other thing.
- So far, this is the oldest I’ve ever been.
- In case of emergency, break dance.